Before submitting your final manuscript to us, please check that you have cleared all necessary permissions. The following is a brief guide to what needs clearing:
· If any of the chapters in your book have been previously published, we need to have written permission from the publisher to reprint the material, even if it is not exactly the same as what was previously published. This also applies to material that has previously been published in a language other than English.
· Permission is required for any materials for which you are not the copyright holder and include, but are not limited to, maps, tables, figures, photographs (both permission to use the photograph and permission from anyone clearly visible in it), song lyrics, poetry, text extracts, logos and advertisements.
· Material that is available on the internet isn’t necessarily free of copyright.
· All quotes over 400 words in length need to be cleared.
· Poems – substantial quotes relative to the overall length of the poem will need clearing.
If you are unsure about any permissions matters, please contact your commissioning editor for guidance.
We require non-exclusive worldwide reprint rights in English in both print and electronic form. Most publishers have an online form on their website that you can use to clear permissions to re-use their content. Alternatively, you can use the online forms provided by PLS Clear or Copyright Clearance Center. Should you need to contact a publisher directly, your commissioning editor will be able to supply you with a standard letter for requesting permissions. If you have any problems clearing permissions, please let us know.
If you are looking to request permission to use Channel View Publications / Multilingual Matters material please email Laura Longworth (email@example.com) with the following information:
Application to use our material in a publication (see below for course pack requests)
Your Contact Details:
· Contact name
· Email address
· Postal address
· Postal/zip code
Details of your permission request:
· Title of our book
· Author/editor's name
· Title of the chapter
· Page numbers
· Exact content you wish to use (eg number of words, number of figure etc)
· Please describe how you intend to use our material. Please include the following information as applicable: whether the request is for use in a book/journal article/thesis/other (please explain), the title of the work in which you intend to use our material, the publisher, whether your request is for print and/or electronic rights and the estimated print run and selling price.
Application to use our material in a course pack
· Name of institution
· Name of course
· Name of tutor
· Estimated number of students
· If it's on the internet, what is the url?
· Is it a secure site?
· For how long will the material be accessible?
· Additional Information